2023 Annual Meeting Announcement
Pre-registration by March 2, 2023, is required.
The Board of Directors of Ontario Shores Federal Credit Union issues the following notice to our membership regarding the 2023 Annual Meeting Elections and Voting.
Our Annual Meeting will be held at the Newfane Town Hall, 2737 Main St., Newfane, NY 14108 on Wednesday, March 22, 2023, at 6:00 pm. Please note you must pre-register to attend the Annual Meeting whether you plan to attend the meeting in person or virtually.
Registration is required by March 2, 2023. To register, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at 716-778-7423. Upon registering, you will receive an email containing information regarding the meeting. When you register, please indicate whether you will be attending the meeting in person or virtually.
There are two positions open on the Board of Directors. Both positions are elected for 3-year terms. The Nominating Committee has nominated incumbents Carol Brenon and Troy Barnes, and credit union members Karen Huguenor, and Jeffery R. Hill for the expiring terms. A brief statement of qualifications and biographical data for each nominee is included. Each nominee has certified that he or she is agreeable to nomination and will serve if elected to office.
PLEASE NOTE THERE WILL BE NO NOMINATIONS FROM THE FLOOR AT THE ANNUAL MEETING.
Additional nominations may also be made by petition. Please contact either the Newfane or Medina Office of OSFCU for the forms necessary to nominate a candidate. Each petition must contain a minimum of 82 OSFCU member signatures and must be accompanied by the candidate’s biography and qualifications. Each nominee must certify in writing that he or she is agreeable to the nomination and will serve if elected to office. If elected, any volunteer will be subject to a background check prior to taking office. This is to verify bondability through CUNA.
All nominating petitions must be postmarked and received by the Nominating Committee no later than February 6, 2023, at: Ontario Shores FCU, Attn: Nominating Committee, P.O. Box 9, Newfane, NY 14108-0009
Voting will take place during the Annual Meeting. The minimum voting age is 18 years.
Please note: If the number of candidates does not exceed positions, voting will not be necessary.
Voting at the Annual Meeting:
Wednesday, March 22, 2023
Meeting starts at 6:00 pm
NOTE: Meeting conditions may be subject to change based on CDC or government guidelines.
Carol M. Brenon
- Bachelor of Science Degree in English Secondary Education
- Master of Science Degree in English Secondary Education
- Holds a Permanent NYS Teaching Certificate in English – Pre-K – 12
- Retired after teaching English for 25 years at Newfane Senior High School
- Continues to work as a substitute teacher in the high school
- Has been a member of OSFCU for more than 35 years
- Has been an OSFCU Board member for more than 3 years
- Has taken BSA/AML Training (Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundry Training)
- Has taken online educational courses that dealt with topics such as technology, security, mergers, and other important issues facing credit unions in today’s ever changing financial environment
- Has shared the information acquired from these courses with other Board members
- I feel my service on the Board has been of value to the Credit Union, and I hope to continue to serve as we move forward.
- Ontario Shores Federal Credit Union Member
- Lifelong Newfane Resident
- Graduate of the Newfane School District
- Earned Degrees in Architecture and Engineering from the University at Buffalo and SUNY Polytechnic Institute respectively
- Practiced Architectural Design and Engineering for eight years
- Working for Recovery Center of Niagara as the Director of Operations
- Serves on the Advisory Committee for the Historic Lockport Mill Race
- Former board member of Lockport Habitat for Humanity
- Volunteer Advisor for Barker School District Homecoming Parade
- Newfane Town Councilman
- Lifetime member of Ontario Shores FCU
- Serves on OSFCU Supervisory Committee as member and was a former Chairperson
- Former member of OSFCU Board of Directors
- Retired Director of Personnel and Payroll – Wilson Central School District
- Retired School Tax Collector – Wilson Central School District
- Retired Human Resources Director – Family and Children’s Service
- BS Degree in Management from Houghton College
- Volunteering: South Wilson Firehall Ladies Auxiliary-Member and Treasurer, Wilson Youth Soccer League-Member and Treasurer, Town of Wilson Zoning Board of Appeals-Member and Alternate Chair, Wilson Youth Soccer League-Coach
- Enjoys woodworking, gardening, reading, sewing, hiking, cycling, and kayaking
- Resides with her husband Cliff in Wilson
Jeffery R. Hill
- Current Chairperson of the OSFCU Supervisory Committee
- Newfane resident since 1975
- Newfane Senior High Graduate
- Past member Olcott Fire Co.
- Former Olcott Lions club member Swim for Sight
- Certified NYSDEC instructor
- Past committee Buffalo Honor Flight
- Past chairman TSA Advisory Board to the NAFTA/Buffalo Niagara Airport
- Currently employed as U.S. Customs & Border CBP Officer
- Resides in Newfane with wife Kelly
- Looking forward to using my skills and abilities for the better