2022 Annual Meeting Announcement
Tuesday, May 24, 2022
Pre-registration by May 2nd is required
The Board of Directors of Ontario Shores Federal Credit Union issues the following notice to our membership regarding the 2022 Annual Meeting Elections and Voting.
Our annual meeting will be held at the Newfane Town Hall, 2737 Main St., Newfane, NY 14108 on Tuesday, May 24th at 5:00 pm. Please note you must pre-register to attend the annual meeting.
Registration is required by May 2nd. To register, email us at email@example.com, or call us at 716-778-7423. Upon registering, you’ll receive an email containing information regarding the meeting.
There are five positions open on the Board of Directors. The Nominating Committee has nominated incumbents Darlene Petschke, Timothy Lanighan, Tammy Kelly and Debra Zapp and credit union members Bruce M. Barnes, Karen Roberts, Bridget Beilein, Jeffery R. Hill and Daniel Johnson for the expiring terms. A brief statement of qualifications and biographical data for each nominee is included. Each nominee has certified they are agreeable to nomination and will serve if elected to office.
PLEASE NOTE THERE WILL BE NO NOMINATIONS FROM THE FLOOR AT THE ANNUAL MEETING.
Additional nominations may also be made by petition. Please contact either the Newfane or Medina Office of OSFCU for the forms necessary to nominate a candidate. Each petition must contain a minimum of 80 OSFCU member signatures and be accompanied by the candidate’s biography and qualifications. Each nominee must certify in writing that he or she is agreeable to the nomination and will serve if elected to office. If elected, any volunteer will be subject to a background check and credit check prior to taking office. This is to verify bondability through CUNA. All nominating petitions must be received by the Nominating Committee postmarked no later than April 14, 2022 at:
Ontario Shores FCU, Attn: Nominating Committee, P.O. Box 9, Newfane, NY 14108-0009
Voting will take place during the annual meeting. The minimum voting age is 18 years.
Please note: If the number of candidates does not exceed positions, voting will not be necessary.
Voting at the Annual Meeting:
Tuesday, May 24, 2022
Meeting starts at 5:00 pm
NOTE: Meeting conditions may be subject to change based on CDC or government guidelines.
- Has been a member of the Board of Directors since 2019.
- Has two children, both studying at the State University of New York at Buffalo.
- Holds both a BS and MS Degree from the State University College at Buffalo.
- Has been a Secondary Science teacher and member of OSFCU for 29 years.
- Enjoys nature and would like to visit as many National Parks as possible!
- Resides in Niagara Falls.
- A member and service focused leader on the Board of Directors since 2007.
- Life-long credit union member, committed to member service & benefits for all members.
- Holds 2 SUNY Bachelor Degrees, one in Business Marketing and Economics and the other in Education. In addition, has earned 2 Masters degrees in Ed. Administration and Liberal Studies.
- Active member of Indian Falls United Methodist Church and other community groups.
- Lifetime resident of WNY, graduate of Wilson, 30 yrs. professional employment in education & business.
- Life-long learner, enjoys skiing, snow & water sports, reading, traveling, gardening/landscaping, & hiking.
- Goals to provide new and updated member services, more community involvement, & area growth.
Debra A. Zapp
- A volunteer member and Secretary of the Board for the past three years.
- A resident of the Town of Newfane for over forty years with her husband Jeff and two adult children. All proud members of OSFCU.
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree of Science in Mathematics and Computer Science from St. Bonaventure University. Additionally, holds a Masters of Science in Math Education from Buffalo State College and a Masters Degree in Educational Leadership from Niagara University.
- Employed by Newfane Central School District as a Mathematics Teacher at the high school for over twenty-five years.
- Advisor and mentor of the Newfane Robotics Team #378 for the past 8 years, where students build a robot and compete regionally and nationally in FIRST Robotics.
- Enjoy any outdoor activity in her spare time such as camping, hiking, kayaking.
- Looks forward to continuing her volunteer service on the Board to further the growth of OFSCU and bring new and updated services to our members.
- Has been a member of the Board of Directors since 2012. Previously served on the Board of Directors from 1987 to 1999.
- Born in Lockport and went through the Lockport School System.
- Holds a Bachelor’s Degree from Fredonia State and a Master’s Degree from Buffalo State.
- Worked for the Newfane Central School District as a teacher from 1986 to 2017, now retired.
- Tim and his wife Susan have four children that all went through the Newfane Schools.
Bruce M. Barnes
- OSFCU member over 40 years and lifelong resident, Town of Newfane.
- Enjoy living past 39 years on Lake Ontario Shoreline and spending as much time as possible with my grandchildren.
- Graduate Newfane Central Schools, Undergraduate of Adrian College, Graduate of University at Buffalo, Advance Judicial Education – SUNY.
- 26 years, Newfane Town Justice; 19 years Marketing, Advertising and Design Engineering; 12 years Design/Build Business; 9 years Teacher.
- Volunteer, Past President for Niagara County Magistrates Association; Board of Directors, Historic Lockport Gas & Electric Raceway; Board of Directors, Site Supervisor, Lockport Habitat for Humanity.
- Still Play numerous sports (still have goal to golf my age).
- Lifetime resident of Niagara County, Lockport and Wright’s Corners.
- Mother of 3 children and grandmother of 5 grandchildren that completely own my heart.
- I would love the opportunity to be active on the Board of Directors as I worked at Ontario Shores FCU from 1995 through 2003. In my time there I established relationships with many in the community and learned so much from my friendships and experiences that I have carried with me since.
- In 2003 I got my NY State insurance license and have been in the insurance business since. I have been at my current job at AA Nodine Insurance Agency in Lockport since 2017.
- In my personal time I truly love to spend time with my family. I especially like to take my grandchildren on spontaneous weekend adventures. I also try to travel to Arizona, when possible, to visit my oldest son and his family.
- My other passion is the Buffalo Bills, through all the ups and downs since I was 10 years old…a long time!
- Thank you for taking the time to get to know a little about me and giving me a chance for this opportunity.
- OSFCU member.
- Resident of Newfane for 40 years.
- Graduate of Barker Central High School.
- Undergraduate Michigan State University.
- Graduate University of Niagara.
- Foreign Language Educator for 20 years.
- Current Professor of Foreign Languages at Niagara County Community College for 10 years.
- Lead service trips abroad with students.
- Happily married and mother of two beautiful children.
- Enjoy sailing the high seas of Lake Ontario with family and friends.
- Enjoy traveling the world and sharing its treasures with family and friends.
Jeffery R. Hill
- Newfane resident since 1975.
- Resident of Newfane for 40 years.
- Newfane Senior High Class of 1983.
- U.S. Army veteran both active and reserves.
- Owner/Operator of Gunsmoke Guns Ammo for 6 years (former Cabin Range).
- Former member Olcott Lions Club Swim for Sight committee.
- Founding member of Olcott car show 1992.
- Currently employed as U.S. Customs & Border officer Port of Buffalo/ Lewiston/ Niagara Falls.
- Very involved in our community and would like to make a difference at the credit union.
- Has been a member of OFSCU for over 35 years.
- A resident of the Town of Cambria where I live with my wife and two sons, aged 20 and 21.
- All of us have accounts with OFSCU.
- Completed undergraduate work at Florida Southern College and earned two graduate degrees at Niagara University.
- Proudly served as High School Principal at Wilson High School from 1997 until retirement in June 2019.
- Prior to becoming Principal, I enjoyed teaching 7th grade social studies and coaching baseball/football at WCS.
- I enjoy swimming, biking, hiking, and visiting amusement parks with family.
- Would welcome an opportunity to join the OFSCU Board of Directors.
- Retired CEO of Ontario Shores FCU in 2021 after 34 years
- Since 1987 guided OSFCU from a $5 million credit union to a $140 million full-service credit union
- Maintained financial strength and stability of OSFCU through periods of economic turbulence and current pandemic
- Served on New York State Credit Union Council, Niagara District
- Served on Recreation Committee, Town of Pendleton
- Served as Treasurer, Mount Olive Lutheran Church
- Resides in Pendleton with spouse of 36 years, Anne. Two grown /married boys live in Buffalo area
- Enjoys golfing, baseball, hockey and mowing his lawn
- Ontario Shores Federal Credit Union Member.
- Lifelong Newfane Resident.
- Graduate of the Newfane School District.
- Earned Degrees in Architecture and Engineering from the University at Buffalo and SUNY Polytechnic Institute respectively.
- Working for Lauer-Manguso & Associates doing architectural design and engineering.
- Serves on the Advisory Committee for the Historic Lockport Mill Race.
- Former board member of Lockport Habitat for Humanity.
- Volunteer Advisor for Barker School District Homecoming Parade.
- Newfane Town Councilman.